I am a registered psychologist with the College of Psychologists of Ontario. I practice in the areas of Clinical and Rehabilitation Psychology, with adults. I am experienced in using evidence-based techniques from Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), Behavioural Activation (BA), and Dialectical Behavioural Therapy (DBT) to address distress, challenges, resilience, and growth. I am especially passionate about using exposure-based strategies to help people with a range of anxiety and related difficulties, as well as common but challenging life circumstances.
I focus my practice in:
· Obsessive-compulsive disorder
· Chronic pain and other chronic health problems
· Interpersonal relationships and communication
· Occupational challenges
· Low self-esteem
· Building rewarding and meaningful habits of behaviour
I have the following Professional Accreditations and Affiliations:
· College of Psychologists of Ontario, Member in Good Standing
· Canadian Register of Health Service Psychologists, Member in Good Standing
· Ontario Psychological Association, Member
· Canadian Psychological Association, Member
· Psy.D. (Doctor of Psychology), Memorial University of Newfoundland (2018)
· HBSc (Psychology and Bioethics), University of Toronto (2009)
I believe it is extremely important to approach your concerns and difficulties with flexibility and understanding, and to really figure out what kind of therapeutic approach will be most helpful for you. I find this often involves taking one approach to help you change the things that can be changed, and another approach to help you respond in healthier ways to the things life throws at you that you cannot necessarily control. Outside of work, I enjoy gardening (and especially growing fruits and vegetables), playing video games with friends, learning about personal finance, playing volleyball, and spending time with my family.