As a music therapist and registered psychotherapist (qualifying), I assist individuals manage anxiety, depression, chronic illness, terminal illness, trauma, and grief by using music as a therapeutic tool. I work with children (7+), teens, and adults with no prior experience or knowledge in music. My aim as a therapist is to support the clients’ self-growth as they engage in expressing themselves, practicing mindfulness, and processing emotions.
The sessions will be designed to meet the clients’ individual needs using music and/or talk therapy. Depending on the interest and comfort level of the client, a session may involve singing, instrument playing, songwriting, and music analysis. As a therapist who takes a trauma-informed approach, I ensure to create an emotionally safe space for clients. I will do my best to understand the clients’ needs, values, and preferences, and support them in reaching their goals.
I focus my practice in:
· Chronic Illness
· Terminal Illness
· Grief and Loss
I have the following Professional Accreditations and Affiliations:
· College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario, Qualifying Member
· Canadian Association of Music Therapists, Member
· Cognitive Behaviour Therapy Fundamental Skills, OISE, University of Toronto
· Trauma Certificate, Wilfrid Laurier University
· MMT (Master of Music Therapy), Wilfrid Laurier University (2021)
· BFA Hons (Classical Voice and Psychology), York University (2018)
In my practice, it is important that I draw from evidence-informed approaches to therapy. This means that the tools I use in therapy to help clients have been researched and supported by science as being effective. When I am not in session with clients, I enjoy crocheting and going for nature walks! If you have any questions about my approach to music therapy and talk therapy, simply reach out.